- Boil the chopped leaves in 2 glasses of water for 15 minutes, or until the water is reduced to half its volume. Allow to cool and strain.
- Divide the decoction into 3 parts and drink 1 part every after each meal.
The following measurements should guide you:
Condition of leaves = Age of Patient = Dried leaves (crushed) : Fresh leaves (chopped)
- Adult = 8 tbsp : 10 tbsp
- 7-12 years = 4 tbsp : 5 tbsp
- 2-6 years = 2 tbsp : 2 & 1/2 tbsp
For wounds and itchiness:
- Boil one to two handfuls of the chopped plant material in a pot of water for 15 minutes. Let cool and strain. Use the decoction twice a day for washing the wound or itchy portion.