How to Make Jackfruit Pastillas
- mashed ripe jackfruit, 1 kilo (5 cups)
- sugar, 300 g (2 & 1/4 cups)
- butter or margarine, 200 g
- full cream powdered milk, 1 cup
- rolling pin, frying pan, chopping or kneading board, spatula, kitchen knife, wax paper
- Blend or mash ripe jackfruit. Add sugar and milk.
- Cook over slow fire. Stir constantly until a smooth mixture is obtained. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the cooked mixture over a kneading board covered with wax paper. Cool.
- Spread butter and small amount of sugar over the mixture.
- Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper. Spread the mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1-inch thick.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm. Wrap individually.