- Weigh previously washed and sanitized jackfruit. Cut/slice.
- Separate yellow pulp from white pulp. Remove seeds.
- Weigh yellow pulp.
- Pack in previously sterilized jars.
- Prepare 50% syrup*, added with 0.1% citric acid*.
- Add hot syrup into jars containing the fruit.
- Remove bubbles formed by exhausting at 80-C for 10 minutes. Seal.
- Process jackfruit in jars in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature. Label and store.
* 60% syrup – Basis: 1 kilo of edible pulp = 600 grams sugar + 400 mL water
50% syrup – Basis: 1 kilo of edible pulp = 500 grams sugar + 500 mL water
0.1% citric acid
0.1% convert to 0.001 = 0.001 x 1 kilo = 0.001 kg or 1 gram