- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 whole onion (minced)
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl until it thickens
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan with cooking oil until garlic turns golden brown
- Pour the cornstarch and water mixture into the sauted garlic and onion
- Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Do not stir until soy sauce and vinegar is cooked on a medium heat
- Add brown sugar (quantity may depend on desired sweetness)
- Stir occasionally
You can also add sliced chili peppers if you prefer spicy.
You can also use this sauce in Lumpiang Sariwa.
sources: lutongbahay.com, cooks.com