- 4 cups mashed ripe papaya
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup kalamansi juice
- Ripe papaya is peeled and the seeds removed. The clean papaya is mashed to a fine pulp.
- Strain through a coarse perforated strainer and measure.
- Boil gently, add sugar and kalamansi juice, continue boiling until desired consistency is obtained.
- Transfer in sterilized bottles.
Papaya Jam Recipe #2
- 1 cup ripe papaya
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Mix together the ripe papaya and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking over low fire constantly stirring to prevent it from sticking.
- When the.mixture becomes sticky, add the butter and Lemon juice.
- Stir a little more. Let it cool.
- 5 cups mashed ripe papaya
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 50 grams dry pectin
- 5 cups white sugar
- Stir together papaya, orange juice, and pectin in a very large pot over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Stir constantly as the mixture heats.
- Once boiling, stir in the sugar, and return to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the jam has returned to a boil, start a timer, and boil for exactly 1 minute.
- Ladle the hot jam into the hot, sterilized canning jars and seal with lids and rings.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, and refrigerate any jars that do not seal.
source: teknotulong.stii.dost.gov.ph, allrecipes.com, hubpages.com