Are you fond of eating seafoods, especially crab and shrimps? Don’t throw away the shells! You can still recycle it by making into nutritious snacks and sell it for extra income. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup shrimp/crab shell powder
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- butter & margarine to flavor
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup refined sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- Soak shrimp shell/crab carapace in fresh clean water.
- Wash and clean thoroughly.
- Drain and dry (sun-dry for at least 10 days)
- Pound the carapace and shrimp shell, then grind to powder.
- Strain or sift.
- Toast all-purpose flour and powdered milk separately from crab/shrimp powder until golden brown.
- Toast the crab/shrimp powder.
- Sift together 1 and 2.
- Prepare butter solution, and gradually mix in all ingredients.
- Cook, wrap and pack.
For further inquires contact:
Mrs. Viden Elpos
Concepcion Polytechic College
5013 Concepcion, Iloilo City
Tel. (033) 392-0337, 320-8098