- 4 cup Tomato puree
- 1 – 1/2 cup Vinegar (5% acidity)
- 42 g Salt
- 0.22 g White pepper
- 320 g Sugar
- 0.22 g Cinnamon
- 0.9 g Other spices
- 2 tsp Cornstarch dissolved in
- 1/4 cup Water
- stainless/enameled kettle bowl
- wooden ladle knife, stainless
- measuring cups & spoons chopping board
- casserole, stainless colander
- blender (optional) stove
- strainer, stainless thermometer
- weighing scale
- Sort and wash ripe, fleshly red tomatoes.
- Blanch for 30 seconds. Dip in cold water and peel.
- Scoop to remove the seeds. Strain and collect the juice.
- Osterize and/or chop the pulp.
- Mix the juice and the pulp. Boil for 10-15 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Strain through a coarse strainer allowing all pulp to pass through.
- To every 4 cups of the tomato puree, add the vinegar and the remaining ingredients.
- Boil the mixture for 1 hour stirring constantly to avoid scorching until the right consistency is reached. Add cornstarch previously dissolved in water.
- Fill while hot in sterilized bottle. Seal thoroughly. Process in boiling water for 35 minutes.
- Cool, label and store.
For more information, contact:
Industrial Technology Development Institute
DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave.,
Bicutan, Taguig City
Tel Nos.: (02) 837-2071 to 82 locs 2182, 2218, 2180;
Telefax Nos.: (02) 837-3167/6150/6156