Ingredients and Materials Needed:
- Bangus (whole)
- 800 Salometer brine (composed of 267.03 grams of salt per liter of water)
- Pressure cooker
- Aluminum Foil
Steps in processing soft-boned bangus
- Prepare small bangus for processing.
- Clean fish, remove grills, viscera and false kidney. Wash thoroughly.
- Soak in saturated brine solution for 60 to 120 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
- Drain and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Arrange bangus in pressure cooker. Pressure cook at 10 lbs. pressure for 90, 120 and 150 minutes for small, medium and large milkfish respectively.
- Remove aluminum foil and arrange in smoking trays. Smoke for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool. Then pack in boxes.
- Refrigerate if longer storage is needed.
Click image to enlarge
source: DA, Agricultural Training Institute